Noah's Story

Welcome to Noah's story. I've decided to write this blog to help others who are facing Pierre Robin Sequence and its obstacles. Along our journey the web has been our source of information. Everything from scientific explanations, to stories like ours, to images. We have found multiple sources that explain what Pierre Robin is and even some touching stories of families who have travelled along this path. Still many of these resources didn't chronicle the child's developmental milestones or growth. Therefore, I decided to make it  my mission to share with you our experience with PRS in hopes that our story can help you. While this journey has not been an easy one, we've survived and conquered PRS and it's challenges with the help of our Lord Jesus Christ. I can't share our story without sharing all about HIS grace, love, and strength in the most difficult experience I've had as a mother. Christ has been our center and our strong hold in the most desperate and frightening scenarios and we praise HIM for the work he has done in us and in our Noah.


As a Foreword....
My husband and I have been married for 8 years as of 2012. We welcomed our first child in January 2009, Caleb. Caleb has been our "perfect gift from above" and has brought much joy to our lives and to our family as a whole. In 2011, we decided we wanted to have another. As with Caleb we quickly were expecting. Baby #2 was due two days after Caleb's 3rd birthday. My pregnancy evolved without a hitch. I gained just the right amout of weight and all my ultrasounds revealed that baby #2 was a healthy baby boy we named Noah Levi. Towards my 36 weeks I was measuring larger than I should have so an ultrasound was done. My ultrasound only revealed that my amniotic fluids were low so we had a stress test. That resulted normal. I had been experiencing contractions off and on for weeks and was already 2cm dilated. The following week I had yet another ultrasound and stress test. All seemed fine though the ultrasound technician asked multiple times if I had had a genetics test, which we hadn't. The following evening my contractions became stronger and consistent.  By 11pm on December 29th we were checking in to the hospital. Labor went as expected... strong contractions, epidural heaven, and severe back labor. By 5:45 we started pushing and Noah Levi was born at 5:54am. He was a crier. At 37 weeks, on December 30th,  he weighed in at 7.2lbs and 18 1/2 inches long. We thought he was beautiful and didn't think anything was wrong. But there was....

 Breathing on his own...before mandibular distraction...proving to us all that he was a fighter and the LORD was with him.

4 comments:

Pierre Robin Sequence Foundation said...

Hi,

I hope you dont mind, but I have shared your blog on our Pierre Robin Sequence Foundation Facebook page. www.facebook.com/PRSFoundation

Kind Regards
Leigh Hawthorn
Pierre Robin Sequence Foundation
www.pierrerobin.org.za

Kelley said...

Thank you so much for sharing your story...my sons story is almost identical to Noah's. He just turned 4 months and has had distractors and also stopped needing his feeding tube a few weeks after surgery. The pigeon nipple is amazing!! We can't wait to have his cleft repaired when hes 9-10 months. Your story helped me to know what to expect. These little boys are such fighters and have went through so much. im glad I found a story so similar to Braydens.

Noah's Story said...

Hello Kelley, So Glad Noah's story has been a help to you. PRS can be so scary and reading others stories brings hope. Praying that Brayden's journey continues on a great path. Hugs!

Noah's Story said...

Hello Pierre Robin Sequence Foundation... I follow you on facebook. So glad you shared my page on your site. It's great to be connected to other families in the same boat. :)